Fiberglass Pump with impeller keyed to shaft and shaft fitted with sliding rings mechanical seal.
SATURN ZGS pumps can be fitted with various mechanical seals, produced either by ARGAL or other leading manifacturers. These seals are offered in layouts and materials to meet requested chemical resistance and are classified by type of installtion as ;
- External – Lubricated by the liquid pumped.
- Internal – Lubricated by the liquid pumped or flushead with liquid from external supply.
- Double external – Flushed with liquid from external supply.
- Two radial rolling bearings, host in the cast iron housing, guide the shaft of the pump and counter all dynamic loads; it is the privileged design to address heavy duty continuous applications.
- Electric motor and pump assembled on mutual base plate mated with flexible coupling to permit to remove the motor, for maintenance or repair, independently from the pump.
- Back pull-out construction to dismantle the pump and most hydraulic parts subjected to periodic inspection without disconnecting the casing from the piping of the plant or removing the electric motor from the base plate.
Construction available with different blends of epoxy vianyl ester makes these pumps resistant to broad range of corrosive and/or moderately abrasive chemical liquid of common use and to sea water.
LIQUIDS LADEN WITH SOLIDS OR ABRASIVE
Different types and configurations of mechanical seals permit to pump liquids laden with solids in suspension or moderately abrasive.
LIQUIDS WITH HIGH SPECIFIC WEIGHT
Saturn pumps, either long coupled or close coupled, fitted with motors of different rarted power can pump fluids with specific gravity up to 2,00 kg/dm3 along all the performance curve without limitations.
DESIGN AND MANUFACTURING DETAILS
- Monolithic volute casing and rear casing.
- Areas subjected to localised mechanical stress as flanges and feet are manifactured with specific cares and procedures.
- Fully balanced impeller with metallic core.
- Internal hydrodynamic realized to favour the flushing of the mechanical seal and migration of solids toward the peripheral of the rear casing.
- Bolt and nuts made in SUS
- Drain plug
- Dry run protector
- Temperture probe
- Vibration probe
- Liquid loss detector